Listening is not always as easy as it seems. Just because we are hearing the words that are coming from someone’s mouth, does not mean that we are listening. Listening is the ability to accurately receive and interpret messages in the communication process.
Below are some tips to help with improving our listening skills.
- · Decide to listen; be attentive.
- · Do not spend the time you should be listening, formulating your response or comeback.
- · Remember that if someone is taking the time to express how they feel about something, that it is of importance to them.
- · Having a difference in opinion does not always mean right or wrong; it just means your opinions are different.
- · Remember that agreeing is not a requirement to good communication.
- · Always show the same respect to someone else’s opinion as you would like them to show to yours.
- · Keep your expectations in check. It may not be as easy for others to communicate. Don’t allow misguided expectations to cause you to have a skewed perspective.
For more tips, or Saturday Sessions posts visit: empowerment-academy.com.
#Listen #ListeningIsAnActiveSkill #SaturdaySessions #BoardCertified #BiblicalCounseling #Coaching
Post a Comment